Saturday 4 June 2011

Eton Mess


The other day I put my culinary skills to the test, In order to make dinner for my Grandma’s birthday. For the main course I made Moroccan chicken with couscous. I love couscous. For desert I made Eton Mess. I’ve been meaning to try to make Eton Mess for ages now. It’s a meringue based desert usually with strawberries and cream. It’s an English dessert that dates back to the 18th century. It’s traditionally served at Eton College’s annual cricket game against Winchester College, hence the name.


I was wearing this apron, which I made from this tutorial, for the first time. Everything went fairly smoothly. There was an incident where I may have almost set the fire alarm off, but let’s not dwell on that! I made the mess using a recipe from The Delicious Miss Dahl but with berry compote and fresh strawberries. I made my own meringues too.


It was very well received.

My sister like it so much her eyes turned red, wierd.

No comments:

Post a Comment